As General Body is supreme Authority of Society so every Managing Committee should conduct 1 AGM in each financial Year. General Body gives authorities to Managing Committee for day to day management as per Bye-Laws. But all Powers are not given to Managing Committee. Certain important key decision are taken by General Body Only they are as follow.-
The Annual Meeting, its Notice and its business to done is as follow:-
• To hold Annual General Body Meeting [AGM] on or before 14th August of every
Year i.e. 136 days after the end of Accounting Year.. If not possible to arrange the.
meeting up to 14th August then taking permission from Dy./Asst. Registrar of C.S.
which will not be more than 3 Months
• To give Advance 14 days clear notice before conduct
AGM and give Accounts statement regarding business to
be done in meeting to each member of Society along with
Notice Agenda of the Meeting.
• To take review of the minutes of last Annual meeting [AGM] and special
meeting [SAGM] and action taken on it and finalize the same.
• To accept and approve the last years income and expenditure statement presented by the managing committee similarly information of reconciliation and their working report.
• To take note of the last years audit report and similarly approve the rectification report presented by the managing committee.
• To take decision regarding land of the society and conveyance of the building and to approve draft deed and issue notice to Land Owner and Builder regarding execution of Conveyance Deed in favor of Society by Speed Post OR Register Ad.
• To give Power to Managing Committee for Execution of Conveyance Deed in favor of Society and change all record such as 7/12 , Property Card , Municipal Property Record, Water Bill , Electricity Bill etc in the name of Society. .
• To declare the election Time Table for New Managing Committee in AGM
• To declare the result of the election of managing committee if the Annual general meeting held earlier.
• To introduce new member to all member of Society who get membership by Transfer of Sale Deed i.e. Flat resale and to confirm the Transfer done by Managing Committee and giving membership to new member in the society and issue allotment Latter as per appendix-12 in Bye-Laws of Society.
• To introduce new member to all member of Society who get membership by Death Transfer i.e. Nomination Transfer and to confirm the Transfer done by Managing Committee and giving membership to new member in the society and issue allotment Latter as per appendix-12 in Bye-Laws of Society.
• To appoint the auditor from the registered panel available with co-operative department for current year.
• To take decision by discussing on the proposal regarding expulsion of members.
• To take decision by discussing on the proposal regarding the adoptions of New Model bye-laws and approve the same.
• To take decision on the rate of contribution regarding maintenance fee, maintenance and repair fund and sinking fund etc.
• To determine the interest rate to be charged on the members defaulting in paying societies maintenance not more than 21% of Simple Interest.
• To decide about parking and determine its rate
• To take decision about penalty to be charged on members, violating by-laws of the society and to determine its amount.
• To take decision about penalty to be charged on members, who do not attend the society AGM and to determine its amount
• To take decision about utilization of sinking fund.
• To determine the amount of remuneration to be given to a member if he/she has got ended his/her services to the society.
• To approve the expenditure of major repairs.
• To recommend for giving membership again to the expelled member by the society.
• If all the members of the managing committee tender their resignations then
to put them before the annual meeting and approve.
• To give sanction to the amount to be written off.
• If more expenditures than the limit stipulated in the bye-laws is to be incurred and to approve the tender by putting before the general body meeting.
• To appoint the Structural auditor from the registered panel available with Municipal OR PWD department for Structural Audit of Society.
• To give approval for the appointment of Architect and similarly to give approval of terms and conditions to be executed with that.
• By considering available space for playing in the societies premises, to determine the time table for members and their children or put restrictions on them and if violated to take decision regarding charging penalty.
• To determine terms and conditions for utilizing vacant place and also terrace of the society and fix the rate for use.
• To determine and take decision about other rule suggest by Managing Committee or any other Member of Society for Society Management/ Working OR betterment of Society and get approve from Dy./Asst. Registrar of C.S.
• To form complaint redressal committee on the level of the society, so that if any member having complaint against the working or decision of the managing committee, then by solving it on the societies level, it concluded through complaint redresseal committee
• Only following subjects should be discuss in detail in the Annual General Body Meeting of the Flat owners.
1. Development of the land.
2. Procedure to be adopted for transferring land e.g. Surrender of lease, lease deed, Property management on commercial basis for e.g. office, sports complex, play ground, garden etc.